Last updated: August 2023
What is Combined Minds for?
- The App comprises the mobile software application accompanying this Agreement, including any software code, scripts, interfaces, graphics, displays, text, documentation and other components, and any updates, modifications or enhancements to them.
- The App uses a Strengths Based Approach which focusses on positive attributes and which is an evidence based approach used in recovery.
- The information and tasks in the App are not, and are not intended to be a substitute for, professional medical or psychological advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your own medical provider or mental health provider. Commentary and other materials available via the App are not, and are not intended to amount to, medical advice on which reliance should be placed. Subject to paragraphs 7 to 9 below, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of the App, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. You agree that you will not disregard or delay seeking professional, medical, mental health or other relevant professional advice in substitution of the App. Do not stop any treatment you are having as a result of this App without speaking to your own medical provider, mental health provider or qualified medical professional.
- This App is intended for use by persons aged 11 or over. Persons under the age of 11 must access the recommendation of management by a qualified mental health provider.
General Rules Relating to Use
- The App is made available for your personal use only. Use of the App for any other purpose is prohibited. When using the App you must comply with English law and with any applicable international laws and when using the App from outside the United Kingdom you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any other relevant local laws (together referred to as Applicable Laws).
- You agree that when using the App you will comply with all Applicable Laws and these Terms including, you agree not to:
- Use the App in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including copyright infringement;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the App;
- Modify, copy, adapt, translate, extract the source code or reverse engineer any part of the App, make any derivative versions of the App or re-format or frame any portion of the pages comprising the App, save to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law.
Liability / Disclaimer
- The use of the App is at your own risk. The App, and the information contained in it, is provided to you “as is” and “as available”. You understand and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) stem4 disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise in relation to the App or your use of the App; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the App (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise in relation to the App), including any warranty, term or condition as to completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of the information within the App, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose or any special purpose, availability, quiet enjoyment and title are, as between you and stem4, hereby excluded.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of stem4 for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
- You acknowledge that App functionality may be seriously affected by changes to the operating system of your device. You agree not to use the App following an operating system change unless it is a version validated for use with the updated operating system.
- None of stem4, its members, officers, employees, agents, directors, affiliates and/or management shall be liable for any loss or damages (including direct, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damages) resulting from or in connection with any use of the App or arising from the App including:
- any information, materials or recommendations related to the App;
- matters beyond stem4’s control, including the incorrectness or incompleteness of input data and information provided on third party websites that may be linked to, directly or indirectly, by means of the App;
- interference with or damage to any other app on your device;
- use of the App with any incompatible operating system;
- the disabling of the App (for example, following updating your device’s operating system);
- termination of this agreement;
- cessation of the App from functioning; or
- the failure or delay in the delivery of electronic data, the interception or manipulation of electronic data by third parties and transmission and the impact of software viruses.
- stem4 shall not be liable for damage to any equipment (including to your mobile device), software, data or other property as a result of your download, installation, access to or use of the App or your obtaining any material from or as a result of using the App. stem4 shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
- stem4 makes no representation or warranty that:
- your access to the App will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free; or
- use of the App or any material or content contained in it complies with the laws of or is suitable or appropriate for use in any jurisdiction outside the United Kingdom.
- Unless otherwise stated, as between you and stem4 all rights, including copyright, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the App are the property of stem4 including all database rights in underlying databases and subsisting in information collected from you by stem4.
- You agree not to use any of the materials on the App for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us to do so.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- stem4 reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access to the App to you personally or to all users of the App, with or without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
- You can terminate this agreement by deleting your account on the App, which you may do at any time.
- Unless notified otherwise, upon termination, the rights and/or licences granted to you in these Terms shall cease and you agree to stop using the App and (if necessary) delete your account on the App.
- These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and stem4 concerning your use of the App.
- stem4 reserves the right to make changes to the App or charge for our services at any time and for any reason.
- The words include, including and such as shall not have a restrictive meaning and shall be deemed to be followed by the words without limitation.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you or stem4.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, which shall settle all disputes arising in connection with these Terms.